Rocky Linux 8.4
On June 21, 2021, Rocky Linux 8.4 was released as the first stable version, focusing on RHEL 8.4 compatibility. A community-developed tool aids in migration from Alma, CentOS, RHEL, and Oracle Linux.
- New module streams with 8.4
- New conversion tool available (migrate2rocky)
- Proactive compaction regularly initiates memory compaction work before a request for allocation is made. Therefore, latency for specific memory allocation requests is lowered.
- The scap-security-guide packages have been rebased to version 0.1.54, and OpenSCAP has been rebased to version 1.3.4. These updates provide substantial improvements, including improved memory management.
- Persistent Pacemaker resources can detect failures asynchronously and inject failure into Pacemaker immediately. It can also speed up response time for services and overhead.
|RHEL Compatibility||100% compatibility|
|New Modules||Python 3.9, SWIG 4.0, Subversion 1.14, Redis 6, PostgreSQL 13, MariaDB 10.5|
|Updated Toolsets||GCC Toolset 10, LLVM Toolset 11.0.0, Rust Toolset 1.49.0, Go Toolset 1.15.7|
|Error Detection and Correction kernel modules||8th and 9th generation Intel Core Processors|
|New Traffic Control Actions||Mac_push, push_eth, and pop_eth|
|Security Updates||IPsec VPN supports TCP encapsulation and security labels for IKEv2|